Sremski Karlovci, "a town of history"
is located on mild slopes spreading from the
Danube towards Fruška Gora, on the road connecting
Novi Sad and Belgrade (12 km from Novi Sad).
To the town from Belgrade you can to take the
train. The settlement in the outskirts of Fruška
Gora valley, towards the river, has existed
here from ancient times.
Peace Treaty signed in Karlovci in 1713 the
place became the official center of the highest
clergy of the Orthodox Church. It was the
spiritual and cultural center of the Serbs
in the 18th and 19th centuries and the meeting
place of almost all Serbian national-church
assemblies. There are several monuments of
architectural and artistic interest, such
as a Baroque-style fountain, the Karlovci
High School from the end of the 19th century
with decorative elements reminiscent of mediaeval
Serbian buildings, the Patriarch's Palace
- once the most imposing building in the whole
region, the Cathedral Church from the mid-18th
century, and many others. Architectural monuments
of Sremski Karlovci are rare examples of style
and artistic shaping.
Serbian grammar school, founded in 1791 in
Sremski Karlovci, which was at the time the
cultural and spiritual center of all the Serbs.
Present building, situated in the very center
of the town, is a donation of the Patriarch
German Anđelić and his brother Stevan, built
in 1891 on its centenary year. It was designed
in Neo-Byzantine style, with decorative elements
at the entrance facade, and according to the
design of Julije Partos from Pest.
Gymnasium is the endowment of Patriarch German
Anđelić and his brother Stevan, Mitrovica
priest. It was planed by Julie Patros from
Pest in1891 in new-Byzantine style, decorated
with Studenica details on the front facade.
In front of the building is monument to
Branko Radićević, made by Vladeta Petrić.
There is less cities in the World has a square
with such a lot beautiful buildings, monuments
and historical things at one place. The
square is surrounded by the Orthodox Cathedral
of Saint Nikola, the Patriarchy, the Roman-Catholic
church of the Holy Trinity, the Gymnasium
and the Clerical High School. Fountain “Four
Lions” is in the
middle of the town. Having coffee or a lunch
in the hotel “Boem” and watching all those
magnificent building is unforgettable adventure.
Tour Sremski Karlovci
our offer we have personal guided sightseeing
tours for Sremski Karlovci in English language
with the gay guide. We offer professional
and qualified touristic guide for your sightseeing
and touring needs that include full range
of guide services for individual gay travelers
and the groups as well. We are starting our
tour by the car drive from Belgrade to Sremski
Karlovci. This tour doesn't include the price
for the oil.
We charge 100 euro for the Sremski Karlovci
sightseeing tour reservation: